Our universal QAM Demodulator core is aimed at broadband point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications and supports QAM orders from 2 (BPSK) to 256.
Integrates with Commsonics QAM Modulator(CMS0004), Reed-Solomon(CMS0013) and Viterbi(CMS0002) cores to form a complete broadband Modem
- IF sub-sampling or I/Q baseband interface.
- Variable ADC width support.
- Single external clock source required.
- Single external analogue loop for AGC.
- Fully digital and automatic timing & frequency recovery - no VCXO or AFC required.
- Fully-digital matched channel filter for robust performance in the presence of ACI.
- Blind and decision-directed adaption algorithms ensure rapid convergence of AGC, PLL and equaliser sub-systems.
- Automatic channel equalisation using LTE and DFE algorithms - signal quality estimate available.
- Symbol rate recovery up to approximately 40% of the master clock frequency.
- Large QAM support : BPSK, (O)QPSK, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256.
- Number of synthesis options to optimise speed (& therefore symbol rate) vs. area.
- Software programmable symbol demapping.
- Integrates with Commsonics CMS0004(QAM Modulator), CMS0003(FEC) and CMS0002(Viterbi) cores to form a complete broadband Modem.
- Number of debug signals available - carrier, timing lock, frequency offset etc.