Canova Tech is actively contributing within the IEEE in the standardization of a 10Mbps Short Reach, Multidrop Ethernet PHY for automotive applications. (see http://www.ieee802.org/3/cg/index.html) with the aim to cover low bandwidth Multidrop Ethernet communication targeting convergence toward a single network type within the car.
CT25205 is a complete physical layer for IEEE 802.3cg Short Reach Multidrop Ethernet communication. It consists of an analogue hard macro and an RTL code for the digital, including PMA, PCS, MII and MDIO register functionality. It includes all mandatory features of IEEE 802.3cg Short Reach including the PLCA block to manage the Multidrop feature.
- Compliant to IEEE 802.3cg Short Reach, Multidrop
- Reduced number of external components
- Standard 180nm (or lower) CMOS techno with 3.3V Gate Oxide option
- Proof of concept available
- Under design on 180nm silicon process
- Silicon-proven by Q3-2018
- Easy portability
- GDS2 and LVS Netlist
- Footprint (.LEF)
- HDL models
- RTL netlist
- Test Specifications
- HW and SW Integration guidelines
Block Diagram of the Multidrop and Short Reach IEEE 802.3cg PHY for 10Mbps Automotive Ethernet