The Multistream DVB-S2 Modulator enables DVB-S2 transmissions in CCM (Constant Coding and Modulation) and VCM (Variable Coding and Modulation) modes. Each stream can be independently modulated using VCM. Modulators with SkyPHY MSM optimize satellite bandwidth by aggregating multiple transport streams on one satellite carrier.
The Multistream DVB-S2 Modulator has been successfully tested and has been employed on multiple variants of DVB-S2 transmitter and transceiver products.
The multistream modulator features can be turned on, off, or modified for specific applications. The design allows easy reconfiguration for specific application requirements.
DVB-S2 compliance, flexible-architecture, and proven hardware make the SkyPHY multistream modulator core an attractive forward link core for advanced communications.
- Aggregation of up to 8 input streams
- Complete user control to choose any number of streams
- Each stream independently configurable
- DVB-S2 CCM and VCM operations
- Fully DVB-S2 complaint
- Optimized code/ Small footprint
- Altera proven
- Distribution of multiple DVB services (DVB-T, DVB-S2) towards one or multiple receivers
- Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS)
- Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) Broadband VSAT networks
- Enhanced mobile communication networks
Block Diagram of the Multistream DVB-S2 Modulator