A powerful Forward Error Correction (FEC) subsystem is needed in almost all wireless communication systems. Low-Density Parity-Check (LDPC) codes are a powerful family of FEC codes that allow for very low error-rates, approaching the Shannon capacity limit.
While binary LDPC codes have shown great performance, nonbinary LDPC codes have empirically shown even better performance, especially for small codeword lengths.
A configurable output synchronous FIFO is used to store the output for the next block.
- Regular parity check matrix
- Soft decision SPA decoding
- Supports different code sizes
- Hard decision output
- Log-domain implementation
- Configurable number of decoding iterations
- Higher order Galois field GF(2m)
- Synthesizable Verilog
- System Model (Matlab) and documentation
- FPGA testing environment (Available on request)
- Real-time applications
- Short codeword length applications
- BeiDou Navigation Satellite System