The Northwest Logic DMA Back-End Core provides high-performance, scatter-gather DMA operation in a flexible fashion. This enables the core to be easily integrated and used in a wide variety of DMA-based systems.
Key features which contribute to this flexibility include:
• Works with Northwest Logic soft Expresso Cores and FPGA hard cores
• Can be configured with multiple independent DMA Engines which each have their own user interface
• Supports Packet/Block and Addressed/Non-addressed transfers
• Supports host –based and local descriptors
• Supports legacy, MSI, MSI-X interrupts
Using the core eliminates the need for the user to implement their own DMA design significantly reducing development time and risk.
In addition, Northwest Logic provides companion Windows and Linux DMA Drivers. The DMA Driver works hand-in-hand with the DMA Back-End Core to implement host-based, scattergather DMA operation.
Northwest Logic also provides board support packages for a wide variety of Northwest Logic and third party PCI Express boards. This support packages including a working FPGA design, Driver and GUI binaries. Contact Northwest Logic for more information.
Northwest Logic also provides IP Core customization services.
Contact Northwest Logic for a quote.