Implemented in approximately 50,000 gates, the AVQ3000 is a silicon-efficient, high-quality solution for video decoding, noise reduction and video compression pre-processing. Using Adaptive 3D Comb Filter technology, the AVQ3000 clean roughly decoded NTSC/PAL composite Video using 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 format. Requires one or two external frame buffers. The design is highly robust and unlike other similar filters works reliably on noisy signals. AVQ3000 is proven in Virtex-4 FPGA. Evaluation board available.
- YUV 4:2:2 10 bit in and out
- Adaptive 3D 4, 5 or 9 taps comb filter
- Perfect Y/C separation even with noisy input
- Multi-band 3D Adaptive Noise Reducer with adjustable thresholds
- 4 switchable apertures with one or two frame buffers
- Standard clock 27 MHz
- Standard I2C controls
- Portable to any standard CMOS process technology
- Unique combination of robust cost-effective 3rd party composite front-end, e.g. Philips SAA37xx series chips, with VideoQ AVQ3000 post-processor filtering provides for top-end decoded NTSC/PAL composite picture quality at affordable price.