OpenSPARC T1 is the open source version of the UltraSPARC T1 processor. The UltraSPARC T1 processor with CoolThreads technology is the highest-throughput and most eco-responsible processor ever created. It's a breakthrough discovery for reducing data center energy consumption, while dramatically increasing throughput. Its 32 simultaneous processing threads, drawing about as much power as a light bulb, give you the best performance per watt of any processor available.
By making the source for this design available for a larger community to review and learn from, we expect that ideas around the multi-thread concepts can be explored more freely and openly, and that truly beneficial innovations can be achieved.
- Verilog RTL for OpenSPARC T1 design
- Verification environment for OpenSPARC T1
- Diagnostics tests for OpenSPARC T1
- Scripts and Sun internal tools needed to simulate the design and to do synthesis of the design
- Open source tools needed to simulate the design
- Scripts and documentation to help with FPGA implementation of parts of OpenSPARC T1 design including SPARC core, Floating point Unit, Cross-bar