GS3000 is the high performance graphics IP core adopting the new MATTS architecture conformant to OpenGL ES2.0/1.1. Inheriting the GSHARK-TAKUMI architecture with the best reconciled performance, size and power consumption, GS3000 works best in mobile and embedded use. The MATTS architecture with programmable shader features not only support advanced 3D graphics styles but also include GPGPU extension.
- Pixel performance: 250Mpixel/sec (8Gpix/sec max.)
- Maximum texture size: 8192x8192
- 3D features
- High performance programmable shader
- Fast and highly efficient parallel processing with the unified shader and multi-thread processing
- Highly accurate computing by the 32bit parallel floating-point processing
- Transforming, lighting, setup, raterizing
- Texturing, texture filtering
- Blending, dithering
- FSAA (Full scene anti-aliasing)
- Vertex array engine
- 2D features
- Scaling, Rotation, Transformation,
- BitBLT, Line/Dot/Rectangle drawing,
- Blending, Transparent color
- Copy engine (High speed rectangle fill, Format conversion)
- API conformance
- OpenGL ES 2.0 (conformance testing scheduled)
- New MATTS architecture
- Newly developed MATTS architecture enables dynamic optimization of Vertex/Fragment processing load balance yet with the best reconciled performance and power consumption. The unified shader unit, with scalability to multiple shaders, enables 3D grpahics with excellent cost/performance by the flexible process balance and advanced parallel computing. GS3000 is the highest-in-class graphics IP core for performance and functionality per size.
- High performance 3D rendering
- GS3000's new MATTS architecture 3D engine enables more compelling and intuitive GUI menu and accelerates a variety of 3D applications including GUI, 3D map and game.
- Smaller and less power consuming
- Inheriting GSHARK-TAKUMI graphics architecture well-accepted in mobile devices and introducing the design approach targeting the smallest-in-class gate count and power consumption, advanced graphics rendering performance and small power consumption come together to make GS3000 an IP of choice for mobile devices including handsets.
- The hardwired approach for advanced performance and quality graphics
- GS3000 processes the high-load graphics tasks including transforming, lighting, rasterizing and pixel processing in the hardware to allow high performance and quality graphics even in embedded systems.
- Conformance test for OpenGL ES2.0 is scheduled for GS3000. Adopting the industrial standard API makes GS3000 friendly to PC or smartphone applications and allows use of standard-supporting middlewares and development environments, which will securely reduce the application development time and cost at customer’s end.
- Easier system integration
- GS3000 as well as other GSHARK-TAKUMI IP cores is provided in synthesizable data for independence on the semiconductor process technologies. Interface to the customer logic also supports the industrial standards and is provided in a customizable format, allowing easier modification to the customer design asset. For example, GSHARK is easily integrated to the customer SoC interfacing the standard bus system such as AXI to the customer's original one.
- Synthesizable RTL
- API Libraries
- Mobile handsets, consumer electronics devices including digital still camera and camcorders as well as digital TVs and STBs, and printers