Dolphin Integration offer a Reusable Power Kit Library, Based on a standard namely DELTA, toward three objectives:
? To standardize and ease Power Regulation Network integration
? To enable diverse optimizations
? To reduce Time-to-Market
To avoid expensive solutions, such as additional mask layer or external regulators, the DELTA library features a cost effective alternative with a set of Over-voltage Protection Modules (OPM). These companions for Dolphin Integration?s regulators enable over-voltage operation while using standard process 3.3 V devices.
The OPM-Hydra is optimized to be used for retention mode in low power applications.
- Over-voltage protection biasing for embedded regulators
- Avoids expensive solutions while enabling direct baterry connection.
- Built-in over-voltage protection (up to 5.5 V) using 3.3 V transistors
- Over-voltage power range: 1.9 V to 5.5 V
- Fixed 2.6 V regulated output voltage with 10% accuracy
- Low-leakage for SoC retention mode
- Low power mode quiescent current (at ILOAD = 0 mA): 400 nA
- Low noise enhancement: improve the network PSRR up to 40 dB when input supply is higher than 2.8 V
- Behavioral models: ease of integration in SoC and optimization of Power Management Network (PMNet) using models to verify mode transitions as well as noise propagation
Block Diagram of the Over-voltage Protection Module to handle Over-voltage operation (up to 4.4 V) while using standard process 3.3 V devices, DELTA standard