The Partial Reconfiguration Controller (PRC) IP provides management functions for Partial Reconfiguration designs. When hardware or software trigger events occur, the PRC pulls partial bitstreams from memory and delivers them to an internal configuration access port (ICAP). The PRC also assists with logical decoupling and startup events, customizable per Reconfigurable Partition.
This core is intended for enclosed systems where all of the Reconfigurable Modules are known to the controller. The optional AXI4-Lite register interface allows the core to be reconfigured at run time, so it can also be used in systems where the Reconfigurable Modules can change in a deployed system. The core can be customized for number of Virtual Sockets, number of Reconfigurable Modules per Virtual Sockets, operation and interface.
- Support for up to 32 Virtual Sockets (Reconfigurable Partitions and periphery) and 128 Reconfigurable Modules per Virtual Socket
- Up to 512 remapable software and hardware triggers per Virtual Socket
- Optional hardware and software shutdown of Reconfigurable Modules (configurable per Reconfigurable Module)
- Optional software start-up of Reconfigurable Modules (configurable per Reconfigurable Module)
- Optional Reset of Reconfigurable Modules after loading (configurable per Reconfigurable Module)
- Virtual Sockets can be shutdown and restarted by the user to allow external controllers to partially reconfigure the device
- Compatible with AXI4-Lite and AXI4-Stream user interfaces