PicoBlaze™ is a fully embedded 8-bit RISC microcontroller core optimized for 7-series and older Xilinx FPGA architectures. This reference design is offered free to Xilinx users, and comes with an easy to-use code assembler KCPSM6 (or KCPSM3 for older FPGA families), VHDL and Verilog source code, simulation models, comprehensive documentation and reference designs.
- Supports UltraScale, Virtex-7, Kintex-7, Artix-7, Zynq and older Xilinx FPGA families
- Very small size as small as 26 slices depending on device family
- Up to 4K 18-bit instructions
- Up to 240MHz performance
- Everything in FPGA - no external components required
- Highly integrated for implementing non-time critical state machine
- Predictable fast interrupt response