- Silicon IP Catalog >
- Processor Solutions >
- Microcontroller >
- 8-Bit Microcontroller >
- 8051 Microcontroller
Pipelined High Performance Microcontroller
The DP8051CPU soft core is 100% binary-compatible with the industry standard 8051 8-bit microcontroller. There are two configurations of DP8051CPU: Harvard, where internal data and program buses are separated and von Neumann, with common program and external data bus. The DP8051CPU has a Pipelined RISC architecture and executes 120-300 million instructions per second. Dhrystone 2.1 benchmark program runs from 11.46 to 15.55 times faster, than the original 80C51 at the same frequency. The same C compiler was used for benchmarking of the core vs 80C51 with the same settings. This performance can also be exploited to great advantage in low power applications, where the core can be clocked over ten times more slower than the original implementation, without performance depletion.
The DP8051CPU is delivered with fully automated testbench and complete set of tests, allowing easy package validation, at each stage of SoC design flow.
Each of the DCD's 8051 Core has built-in support for DCD Hardware Debug System, called DoCD . It is a real-time hardware debugger, which provides debugging capability of a whole System on Chip (SoC).
Unlike other on-chip debuggers, the DoCD provides non-intrusive debugging of running application. It can halt, run, step into or skip an instruction, read/write any contents of microcontroller, including all registers, internal and external program memories and all SFRs, including user defined peripherals.
View Pipelined High Performance Microcontroller full description to...
- see the entire Pipelined High Performance Microcontroller datasheet
- get in contact with Pipelined High Performance Microcontroller Supplier
- Super-Fast 8051 Microcontroller Core with Configurable Features and Peripherals
- Pipelined High Performance Microcontroller
- High Performance 8051 Compatible CPU Core
- Instruction Set Compatible with the 8051 8-bit Microcontroller Architecture
- High Performance / Low Power Microcontroller Core
- Intel™ 8051 8-bit Microcontroller