The Digital Blocks DB8259A Programmable Interrupt Controller core is a full function equivalent to the Intel 8259A and Harris / Intersil 82C59A devices. The DB8259A Interrupt Controller manages up to eight vectored priority interrupts for a microprocessor. Using multiple instantiations of the DB8259A core and programming it to cascade mode enables up to sixty-four vectored priority interrupts. More than sixty-four vectored interrupts can be accomplished by programming the DB8259A core to Poll Command Mode. Interrupt sources may be either edge or level triggered.
The Digital Blocks DB8259A Programmable Interrupt Controller core is a full function equivalent to the Intel 8259A / Intersil 82C59A / NEC uPD8259A devices. The DB8259A RTL Verilog / VHDL outputs were compared to the Intel 8259A device on a cycle-by-cycle basis.
- MCS-80/85 and 8088/8086 processor modes.
- Fully Nested Mode and Special Fully Nested Mode.
- Special Mask Mode.
- Buffered Mode.
- Poll Command Mode.
- Cascade Mode with Master or Slave selection.
- Automatic End-of-Interrupt Mode.
- Specific and Non-Specific End-of-Interrupt Commands.
- Automatic Rotation.
- Specific Rotation.
- Edge and level triggered interrupt input modes.
- Reading of Interrupt Request Register (IRR) and In-Service Register (ISR) through data bus.
- Writing and reading of Interrupt Mask Register (IMR) through data bus.
- The DB8259A Programmable Interrupt Controller is a silicon-proven interrupt controller IP core. Customers can work off the large industry knowledge surrounding the Intel 8259A and Harris / Intersil 82C59A devices to get microprocessor system designs with interrupt controller requirements up and running quickly.
- VHDL or Verilog Source.
- Comprehensive testbench suite with expected results.
- Synthesis scripts.
- Installation Guide.
- Technical Reference Manual.