Controller IP for Quad Serial-Peripheral Interface (QSPI) – silicon proven, easy for integration, with ensured optimized data transfer.
The Controller IP enables access to Serial Flash devices, while providing various modes of operation and improved high speed read data capture mechanism.
For indirect operations of the Controller IP for QSPI, data is transferred between system memory and external Flash memory via an internal SRAM which is loaded for writes and unloaded for reads by an AHB master within the system-on-chip (SoC) environment at low latency AHB system speeds. That allows Controller IP to be used in wide variety on designs, supporting even most demanding task at controlled and efficient pace.
With today high adoption of Flash memory in wide variety of products and segments (IoT, automotive, smart homes installations), it is necessary to choose the right product for a complicated design. The Controller IP for QSPI guarantees quality and easy adoption.
- Local SRAM of configurable size to reduce AHB overhead and buffer Flash data during indirect transfers
- Optional DMA Peripheral interface to communicate indirect mode status with external DMA
- Programmable: device sizes, write protected regions, delays between transactions, interrupt generation
- Serial clock with programmable polarity, programmable baud rate generator, up to four external device selects
- Support for XIP (Execute in Place), DDR Mode, single, dual or quad I/O instructions, BOOT and legacy modes
- Supports any device clock frequency, including current market device frequencies of 133MHz
- Set of software APB accessible FLASH control registers to perform any Flash command
- Compliant with AMBA2 specification
- Low-risk solutions: silicon-proven design
- Ease-of-use: customizable with easy integration
- Efficiency: optimized data transfer ensured
- Clean, readable, synthesizable Verilog HDL
- Cadence Encounter RTL Compiler synthesis scripts
- Documentation: integration and user guide, release notes
- Sample Verification testbench
- IP-XACT xml file
- Consumer products
- Control devices