Rambus DPA Resistant Hardware Cores prevent against the leakage of secret cryptographic key material through attacks when integrated into an SoC or FPGA. Whirlpool DPA resistant cryptographic accelerator core
The DPA Resistant Hardware cores offer chipmakers an easy-to-integrate technology-independent soft-macro security solution with built-in side-channel resistance for cryptographic functions across a wide array of devices.
These high-performance cores provide a higher level of protection than standard security cores, while improving time-to-market, as all the cores are validated DPA countermeasures. It is highly flexible for integration with standard cipher modes such as Cipher Block Chaining (CBC), Counter (CTR) and Authenticated Encryption mode / Galois Counter (GCM) modes. The fast AES core performs AES encryption with DPA protection using only 2 clock cycles per AES round, outperforming any existing solution.
- Quicken time-to-market using precertified DPA Countermeasures
- Highly secure cryptographic engine primitives
- Extensive validation using the Test Vector Leakage Assessment (TVLA) methodology (revealing no leakage beyond 100 million traces)
- Cores protected against univariate first- and second-order side-channel attacks beyond 1 billion operations
- DPARC cores are available for AES (128/256), 3DES, SHA-2 (224/256 or 224/256/384/512), HMAC-SHA-2 (224/256 or 224/256/384/512), RSA, ECDSA, and ECDH
- Implements silicon proven and validated DPA countermeasures such as LMDPL (LUT-Masked Dual-rail with Pre-charge Logic) gate-level masking
- Simple control/status interface
- No routing constraints required
- Delivers highest level of security with side-channel resistance prioritized
- Also available as non-protected standard versions.
- Side channel attack resistant
- Technology and node independent
- Superior cryptographic protection
- Use with any ASIC or FPGA
- Configurable Cryptographic Core: Verilog RTL reference design
- Synthesis Inputs: SDC constraint file suitable for FPGA or ASIC synthesis
- Full Documentation: Specification documents and Integration guides
- Functional Testbench: NIST-compliant test vectors
- Government, Automotive, Military, Edge, IoT, Machine Learning (ML), Artifical Intelligence (AI), Semiconductor, Processors, Cryptocurrency
Block Diagram of the Rambus DPA Resistant Core Whirlpool IP Core