RayCore Series 1000 is the world’s first real-time ray-tracing GPU IP for mobile and embedded applications. This state-of-the-art GPU IP provides reality-like 3D graphics by fully supporting natural light effects such as reflection, refraction, transmission, and various types of shadow.
RayCore GPU IP is designed based on MIMD architecture. This approach enables more efficient execution of independent parallel tasks – each ray is regarded as an independent instruction. Due to this advantage, RayCore GPU maintains ray tracing performance regardless of ray coherence and scene characteristics and consequently supports real-time ray tracing.
Among many advantages of RayCore GPU IP, its high degree of scalability and simple integration configuration enable it to enhance graphics performance linearly with increasing number of RayCore. Its cost-performance ratio guarantees superior graphics processing capability and low power consumption.
Through integration into today’s application processor, RayCore GPU IP offers unprecedented user experiences (e.g., dynamic customizable 3D UI, immersive 3D games, reality-like augmented reality, etc.) in a variety of devices including smartphones, tablets, handheld gaming devices, and TVs.
- The world’s first real-time ray tracing GPU for mobile and embedded applications
- Unprecedented 3D graphical experiences in UI/UX, game, augmented reality and the like can be realized in user's daily life
- Fully hardwired ray tracing logic
- RayCore's small form factor and low power consumption makes it possible to integrate ray tracing technology into application processor
- Ray tracing based on MIMD architecture
- Parallelized unified T&I (Traversal & Intersection) units designed based on MIMD architecture allow real-time ray tracing
- High scalability in any application
- In accordance with performance requirement, ray tracing graphics performance can be linearly enhanced with increasing number of cores
- Ray tracing functions
- Real-time reflection / refraction / transmission / shadow
- Colored shadow, textured shadow, multi shadows, semi-soft shadow
- Ambient occlusion
- Multiple ray bounces support (up to 15)
- Point light
- Spot light
- Directional light
- Global lighting
- Multi-light source support (up to 8)
- Shading & texture mapping
- Phong shading
- Texture mapping
- MIP mapping
- Alpha-blending (α-texture)
- Anti-aliasing (super sampling)
- Selective rendering
- Dynamic / static scene support
- Scalable architecture (multi-cores support)
- Stereoscopic 3D display support
Block Diagram of the Real-Time Ray Tracing GPU IP Core