Codix-Bk1 delivers small silicon size, low power and RISC-V instruction-set compatibility, allowing users to leverage the rich ecosystem of software and tools becoming available. It is an attractive upgrade to 8-bit processor IP cores by providing considerably better processing performance with a comparable silicon footprint.
Codasip-Bk1 can be used with standard peripherals allowing development using RTOSs ported to RISC-V such as FreeRTOS. Interfaces to AHB/AHB Lite.
For licensees who also license the Studio tools, it is possible to add custom instructions and to add other features to the Bk1.
- Support for RV32EM instructions
- zero-stage pipeline
- Sixteen (E) 32-bit general purpose registers
- Optional serial multiplier
- Optional compact instruction extensions (“C”)
- Optional instruction and data cache
- Interrupt support
- JTAG debug
- From about 10 kgates for RV32E
- From about 14 kgates for RV32EM
Block Diagram of the RISC-V Processor - 32 bit, zero stage pipe