Codasip-Bk5 delivers high embedded performance with RISC-V instruction-set compatibility, allowing users to leverage the rich ecosystem of software and tools becoming available, in addition to those provided by Codasip.
Codasip-Bk5 can be used with standard peripherals allowing development using RTOSs ported to RISC-V including such as FreeRTOS.
For licensees who also license the Studio tools, it is possible to add custom instructions and to add other features to the Bk5.
- Support for RV32IM
- 5-stage pipeline
- Thirty-two 64-bit general purpose registers
- Jump predictor
- Optional floating point extensions (“F”)
- Optional instruction and data cache
- Interrupt support
- JTAG debug
- From about 0.6 mm² in 55 nm
- From about 54 kgates for integer core
- From about 88 kgates for core with floating point
- Applications that need to access more than 4GB address space, in application areas like SSD and enterprise storage, or MAC layer protocol processing in wireless networking.