CEVA's RivieraWaves Bluetooth 4.2 low energy IP is a complete, flexible, qualified and mature solution for integration into SoCs/ASSPs.
the RW-BLE-SW host protocol stack and profiles. It can be combined with the firmware of the RW-BLE baseband controller to create a fully embedded or fully hosted solution, or run in a separate micro-controller.
The RW-BLE hardware baseband controller core, in charge of packet encoding/decoding and frame scheduling, is complemented by a hardware AES128 encryption engine for real time encryption/decryption of the packets.
The firmware is composed of the Link Layer(LL) and Host Control Interface (HCI). It is provided with reference platform drivers and with a small task scheduler offering task management, inter-task communications, message (queues and events) management and timing management, for use as standalone or integrated into other real time OS.
For a complete solution, the RW-BLE baseband controller IP is complemented with:
the RW-BT-RF IP. This is a complete radio transceiver including modem compliant with Bluetooth low energy.
The combined RW-BLE firmware and RW-BLE-SW host protocol stack and profiles is highly flexible and can support 3 different configurations:
Fully hosted configuration: all software is running on the same embedded processor. There is no HCI. Alternatively, the complete software can run on a host/application processor, driving a CPU-less BLE IC containing the RW-BLE baseband.
Split configuration: lower layers below HCI are running on the embedded processor while the upper layers above HCI are running on the host/application processor.
Fully embedded configuration: all software is running on the embedded processor, while the application is running on the host/application processor.
The RW-BLE host protocol stack and profiles can also be used with any Bluetooth low energy HCI controller IC.
- Compliant with the Bluetooth low energy 4.0/4.1/4.2 specifications
- Supports all mandatory and optional features of Bluetooth low energy 4.2 including data length extension, secure connection, enhanced privacy and scatternet operation (master + slaves simultaneous links, including several simultaneous slave links)
- Supports all BLE packet types
- Supports master and slave modes
- Supports all states: standby, advertising, scanning, initiating and connection
- White list
- Frequency Hopping with channel assessment for higher link robustness and improved coexistence with interferers such as Wi-Fi devices
- Embedded coexistence interface for collocation with other wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi, Zigbee, ...
- AES128 encryption
- Complete software protocol stack: Link Layer (LL), Host Control Interface (HCI), L2CAP, Attribute Protocol (ATT), Security Management Protocol (SMP), Generic Attribute Profile (GATT), Generic Access Profile (GAP), profiles (Proximity, Find Me, Health Thermometer, HOGP, A4WP, ...).
- Standard Bluetooth Mesh profile is also available for lighting and other mesh smart home / building applications.
- Hardware core designed in synthesizable Verilog for easy technology migration
- Hardware encryption
- Flexible and portable software written in C
- Low operating frequency selectable between 8 and 32 MHz
- Support of 32000 Hz and 32768 Hz low power clock
- AMBA2 AHB bus or SPI interface for easy integration into any ASIC or SiP
- Designed for minimal power consumption
- Low gate count
- Low MIPS and low memory footprint
- Support of RF qualification mode and regulatory body
- DFT ready, accepted by major ATPG tools
- hardware: verilog RTL, testbench, compilation, simulation and synthesis scripts
- software: C
- test tool running on Windows or Linux
- Tag, asset tracking
- Sport & Fitness: wristband, smartwatch, heartrate monitor, running speed, cycling speed, weight scale,
- Medical: thermometer, glucose monitor, blood pressure monitor, ...
- Remote control: mouse, keyboard, game pad
- Hearing Aid
- Wireless charging
Block Diagram of the RivieraWaves Bluetooth 4.2 low energy Baseband Controller, software and profiles