CEVA's RivieraWaves Bluetooth 5 low energy IP is a comprehensive and flexible solution for integration into SoCs/ASSPs.
the RW-BLE-SW host protocol stack and profiles. It can be combined with the firmware of the RW-BLE baseband controller to create a fully embedded or fully hosted solution, or run on a separate micro-controller.
The RW-BLE hardware baseband controller core, in charge of packet encoding/decoding and frame scheduling, is complemented by a hardware AES128 encryption engine for real time encryption/decryption of the packets.
The firmware is composed of the Link Layer(LL) and Host Control Interface (HCI). It is provided with reference platform drivers and with a small task scheduler offering task management, inter-task communications, message (queues and events) management and timing management, for use as standalone or integrated into other real time OS.
For a more comprehensive solution, the RW-BLE baseband controller IP is complemented with:
the RW-BT-RF IP. This is a complete radio transceiver including modem compliant with Bluetooth low energy.
The combined RW-BLE firmware and RW-BLE-SW host protocol stack and profiles is highly flexible and can support 3 different configurations:
Fully hosted configuration: all software is running on the same embedded processor. There is no HCI. Alternatively, the complete software can run on a host/application processor, driving a CPU-less BLE IC containing the RW-BLE baseband.
Split configuration: lower layers below HCI are running on the embedded processor while the upper layers above HCI are running on the host/application processor.
Fully embedded configuration: all software is running on the embedded processor, while the application is running on the host/application processor.
The RW-BLE host protocol stack and profiles can also be used with any Bluetooth low energy HCI controller IC.
- Compliant with the Bluetooth low energy versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/5 specifications
- Supports all mandatory and optional features of Bluetooth low energy, including all the RW-BLE-4.2 IP features and the latest BLE5 features such as 2Mbps, Long Range, Advertising Extensions,
- Channel Selection #2
- Optimized architecture for scatternet operations (master + slaves simultaneous links, including several simultaneous slave links)
- Supports all BLE packet types
- Supports master and slave modes
- Supports all states: standby, advertising, scanning, initiating, connection, ...
- White list
- Frequency Hopping with channel assessment for higher link robustness and improved coexistence with interferers such as Wi-Fi devices
- Embedded coexistence interface for collocation with other wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi, Zigbee, ...
- AES128 encryption
- Complete software protocol stack: Link Layer (LL), Host Control Interface (HCI), L2CAP, Attribute Protocol (ATT), Security Management Protocol (SMP), Generic Attribute Profile (GATT), Generic Access Profile (GAP), and a comprehensive list of services and profiles (Proximity, Find Me, Health Thermometer, HOGP, A4WP, ...)
- Hardware core designed in synthesizable Verilog for easy technology migration
- Hardware encryption
- Flexible and portable software written in C
- Low operating frequency selectable between 8 and 32 MHz
- Support of 32000 Hz and 32768 Hz low power clock
- AMBA2 AHB bus or SPI interface for easy integration into any ASIC or SiP
- Designed for minimal power consumption
- Low gate count
- Low MIPS and low memory footprint
- Support of RF qualification mode and regulatory body
- DFT ready, accepted by major ATPG tools
- hardware: verilog RTL, testbench, compilation, simulation and synthesis scripts
- software: C
- test tool running on Windows or Linux
- IoT, smart home, smart building
- Tag, asset tracking
- Sport & Fitness: wristband, smartwatch, heartrate monitor, running speed, cycling speed, weight scale,
- Medical: thermometer, glucose monitor, blood pressure monitor, ...
- Remote control: mouse, keyboard, game pad
- Hearing Aid
- Wireless charging (A4WP)