The Sital Safe and Secure CAN IP ("SnS CAN IP") core is ideally suited for automotive ,industrial and aerospace applications such as automotive CAN bus gateways, body control units, industrial networks, smart buildings, UAV ECU communication . On top of meeting Bosch licensing terms and compliance, the Sital SnS CAN core provides real-time cyber IDS/IPS capabilities and monitoring for circuit failures.
The Sital SnS CAN core is delivered with user-configurable options to support any host processor and with flexible license terms for FGPA or ASIC deployment making it ideal for automotive and industrial systems.
- Implements CAN version 2.0B with programmable bit rate up to 1Mbit/sec. ISO 11898-5 compliant.
- Physical CAN layer compliant with ARINC 825 for CAN Aviation
- Licensed VHDL IP for implementation of a safe and secure CAN controller in FPGA or ASIC .
- CPU Interface (PCI/local bus/SPI)
- Standard, Extended and Remote frames supported.
- 8 maskable identifier filters. Filtering on ID and first two data bytes for both Standard and Extended Identifiers.
- Loopback mode for self-test.
- Monitor (Listen-only)
- 32-message Transmit and Receive internal fabric FIFOs.
- Internal 16-bit free running counter for time tagging of transmitted or received messages.
- Permanent dominant timeout protection.
- Re-transmission disable capability.
- Transmit Enable pin.
- Supports any COTS CAN transceiver.
- Cyber Resilience:
- White-listing message IDs.
- Monitor all CAN communication from a single instance on the bus
- Real-time source authentication (IC license mode).
- Real-time anomaly detection and reporting.
- Optional IPS security (IC license mode).
- Circuit Failure:
- PassiveTDR information for all ECUs.
- Detection of intermittent shorted circuits and disconnects.
- Distance to fault information.
- COMPLIANT - Bosch CAN protocol compliant, DO254 DAL A Certifiable
- SECURE - Real-time Cyber Resilience IDS/IPS Features
- SAFE - Monitor CAN Bus Circuit Failures During Active Transmission
- ROI - A Single Instance to Monitor and Protect the Entire CAN Bus Network
- EFFECTIVE - No CPU/RAM Resources Needed
- - Automotive
- - Industrial
- - Aerospace
- - Marine
Block Diagram of the Safe and Secure CAN bus IP