The IntelliProp IPC-BL109A-RD SATA RAID Core is a hardware design block written in HDL that performs RAID 0 operations to provide higher performance access to storage endpoints.
RAID 0 will divide data among multiple storage endpoints providing higher system storage performance.
• Striping (RAID 0) splits the data across multiple endpoints for greater performance.
• Capacity (RAID 0) combines the capacity of all the endpoints using concatenated mode or RAID 0 mode.
The IntelliProp IPC-BL109A-RD SATA RAID IP Core introduces very little latency to issue commands and to transfer data between the SATA storage devices and the backend data interface. The RAID IP Core is designed to exist within a customer’s larger design to provide RAID performance availability and capacity advantages.
- Hardware-only RAID; Firmware is not needed
- Can work for 2n number of drives
- Supports RAID Level 0
- Supports 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 GHz speed
- Achieves scalable performance with number of drives
- Low gate count
- Supports concatenation mode
- Controllable stripe sizes from 512 Bytes to 8kB
- Fully compliant with SATA industry specification
- Automatic speed negotiation supporting SATA Gen-1, Gen-2 and Gen-3 speeds
- Fully compliant with SATA Gen-1, Gen-2 and Gen-3 speeds
- Automatic speed negotiation
- SATA Host interfaces of the RAID Controller utilize IntelliProp’s proven SATA Logic Cores
- RAID combines multiple storage endpoints into a single logical unit to provide one or more of the following characteristics:
- Multiple drives working in parallel to increase system performance.
- Increase the overall capacity by combining the sizes of all the drives connected.