The LDS SATA RECORDER XV6 IP is a complete recorder system IP. It can be configured according the recording performance required and the quantity of the data to record.
The data can be recorded in FAT32 or in RAW format. In FAT32 mode, the disks must be already formatted or can be formatted through the Ethernet link and a PC under windows or Linux (free driver).
The Ethernet link, when used, enables to download FAT32 files into your PC to process them later according user application.
The ‘Generator_Checker’ block enables to check any recording error in the data flow.This block generates a counter which is written into disks and then readback and compared in order to detect any recording error. External data goes through this block.
A User Interface on a Hyperterminal enables to configure all the recording session (recording size, file size, raid0 strip, number of disk, read directory, etc…) and enables to run a write and read performance test of the system using the ‘Generator_Checker’ block. It enables you to chek the performance of your systems, especially the disks.
Netlist and VHDL source code format is available for ease of customization. The C source code is always provided. The customization can be done by Logic Design Solutions.
- SATA Features
- Detect OOB and COMWAKE
- Detect the K28.5 comma character and provide a 16 bit parallel output
- Power management mode handled by state machine (shared between Phy and Link layer)
- Provides error indication to upper layers
- 8b/10b encoding and decoding in Xilinx SERDES
- Auto Speed negotiation (Gen 2 or Gen 3)
- Scrambling of tx data and descrambling of rx data
- CRC 32 calculation and check
- Report transmission status and error to Transport Layer
- Auto inserted hold primitive to avoid FIFO overflow and underflow
- Partial and slumber power management modes
- The interface between the link layer and the transport layer is 32-bit wide
- 48-bits sector address
- Programmed IO (PIO) and DMA modes
- Automatic error FIS retry capability
- Implement Shadow Registers and SATA SuperSet registers
- NCQ supported (not used in Recorder application)
- AoE Features
- Manages AoE protocol
- Manages jumbo frame until 9216 bytes
- Do not support Cache write data
- Manages all Config/Query messages
- 1Gbits Mac using embedded MAC in GMII or RGMII.
- 10Gbits Ethernet Mac with XGMII or XAUI interface.
- Source C code for MicroBlaze
- Netlist or VHDL code for logic