The Host Controller IP for SD 3.0/eMMC 5.0 provides the logic to integrate a Secure Digital (SD) card into any system on chip (SoC) and assures straightforward connectivity with many popular SD memory cards and eMMC devices.
The SD3.0/eMMC 5.0 IP supports multiple storage IP protocols and all SD legacy speeds up to UHS-I, with SDR104 and DDR50 allowing you to take advantage of the high-end SD memories available on the market. The controller supports high-speed single and dual data rate, and HS200 assures support for well-established eMMC devices, while HS400 enables usage of the very latest high data throughput memory devices.
The Host Controller works with SD memory cards and eMMC devices in a variety of possible applications, including cameras, card readers, mobile phones, tablets, and embedded systems that require content capacity and bandwidth for video, photos and music, as well as fast switching between applications and more responsive user interface.
- Supports Default Speed, High Speed, UHS-I (SDR12, SDR25, SDR50, SDR104, DDR50) of SD, and high-speed SDR, DDR, HS200 and HS400 of eMMC
- Low-power operation with enabled switching the master SD card-side clock off
- Selectable SDMA or ADMA (scatter-gather) engine
- Dual-Buffer mode optimized for throughput
- Supports up to four outstanding AXI transactions
- Supports removable and embedded memory devices compatible with the SD and eMMC specification
- High bandwidth and low latency for best system performance
- Highly-integrated IP offering fast system integration and reduced design risk and cost
- Wide support of standards enables system flexibility for embedded and expandable storage
- Clean, readable, synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Synthesis scripts with SDC constraints file
- Verification testbench with test set
- Cloud computing
- Wireless communication equipment
- Mobile devices
- Consumer products