The Host Controller IP for SD 4.0/eMMC 5.0 maximizes the performance of Secure Digital (SD) memory cards and Embedded MultiMediaCard (eMMC) for the optimal system efficiency. The SD 4.0/eMMC 5.0 IP provides the logic to integrate a SD card into any system on chip (SoC) and assures straightforward connectivity with many popular SD memory cards and eMMC devices in a variety of possible applications.
The efficient communication in a system is ensured by the advanced DMA that uses a Scatter-Gather operation to transfer data with fragmented memory, and permit execution of transfers at a high rate without increasing overhead for the system processor. The controller is architected to support all SD legacy modes including Default Speed, High Speed, Ultra High Speed Phase I (UHS-I) and UHS-II (FD156, HD312) submodes from SDR12 to SDR104, and DDR50. The eMMC support includes high-speed HS200, HS400, SDR, and DDR modes, as well as backward compatibility with previous MultiMediaCard systems.
The Host Controller can be used in many portable devices, such as smartphones and tablets, that require more content capacity and bandwidth for video, photos and music, as well as faster switching between applications and more responsive user interface.
- Supports Default Speed, High Speed, UHS-I (SDR12, SDR25, SDR50, SDR104, DDR50), and UHS-II (FD156, HD312) modes of SD
- Supports removable and embedded memory devices compatible with the SD and eMMC specification
- Selectable SDMA or ADMA (scatter-gather) engine
- Dual-Buffer mode optimized for throughput
- Backward-compatible with high-speed SDR, DDR, HS200, and HS400 of eMMC
- Standard PHY-LINK Interface for SD 4.0 UHS-II PHY
- High bandwidth and low latency for best system performance
- Highly-integrated IP offering fast system integration and reduced design risk and cost
- Wide support of standards enables system flexibility for embedded and expandable storage
- Clean, readable, synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Synthesis scripts with SDC constraints file
- Verification testbench with test set
- Cloud computing
- Wireless communication equipment
- Mobile devices
- Consumer products