The Host Controller IP for SD 4.0/eMMC 5.1 maximizes the performance of Secure Digital (SD) memory cards and Embedded MultiMediaCard (eMMC) for the best system efficiency. The SD 4.0/eMMC 5.1 IP is designed as an optimal solution that ensures high bandwidth and low latency and can be quickly and easily integrated into any SoC design.
The efficient communication in a system is ensured by the advanced DMA that uses a Scatter-Gather operation to transfer data with fragmented memory, and permit execution of transfers at a high rate without increasing overhead for the system processor. The controller is architected to support all SD legacy modes including Default Speed, High Speed, Ultra High Speed Phase I (UHS-I) and UHS-II (FD156, HD312) submodes from SDR12 to SDR104, and DDR50. The eMMC support includes high-speed HS200, HS400, SDR, and DDR modes, as well as backward compatibility with previous MultiMediaCard systems.
The Host Controller is a perfect solution for next generation portable devices, such as smartphones and tablets, that require more content capacity and bandwidth for video, photos and music, as well as faster switching between applications and more responsive user interface.
- Command Queuing Engine (CQE) for reducing latency on small data transfers
- Supports Default Speed, High Speed, UHS-I (SDR12,SDR25, SDR50, SDR104, DDR50), and UHS-II (FD156, HD312) modes of SD
- Supports enhanced strobe for faster synchronization between the host and the device
- Selectable SDMA or ADMA (scatter-gather) engine
- Dual-Buffer mode optimized for throughput
- Supports all eMMC 5.1 speeds: SDR, DDR, HS200, and HS400
- High bandwidth and low latency for best system performance
- Highly-integrated IP offering fast system integration and reduced design risk and cost
- Wide support of standards enables system flexibility for embedded and expandable storage
- Clean, readable, synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Synthesis scripts with SDC constraints file
- Verification testbench with test set
- Cloud computing
- Wireless communication equipment
- Mobile devices
- Consumer products