PVTSENU28HPCP is an IP for process voltage and temperature sensing of the silicon chip die. It has unique features like voltage and temperature probes without needing dedicated analog current and voltage signals. Each voltage sensor node is connected with the central controller with a single wire digital signal for communicating the sensor data in real time. Dedicated enable signal is provided with each node to enable or disable the operation for power management. Since each probe has digital interface to central controller, the sensing operation is intact with the on-chip noise and achieves better accuracy.
Unlike traditional PVT sensors each sensor node can have very flexible placement of the nodes and signal routing.
IP has parallel communication interface with command and response protocol using two 12bit digital I/O ports. Alert signals can also be configured to alert low and high threshold crossing using parallel communication port.
Sensor has trimming options to calibrate the accuracy of voltage and temperature probes.
- 10b Digital Temperature and Voltage Resolution
- Unique Digital Probes for easy integration and noise immunity
- Ultra-low leakage power
- Ultra-low active power
- Configurable ALERT signals for temperature and voltage limits
- -40degC to +125degC Operating Temperature Range
- One degree accurate
- Thermal sensor
- Process monitoring
- Voltage monitoring
- Hard Macro (GDSII)
- Characterization Report (as applicable)
- Abstract View (LEF)
- Integration and Customer
- Temperature monitoring on SoC
- Industrial Process control
- Thermal protection
- Die Temperature monitoring
- MOS Process corner estimation
- System performance enhancement