SNOW3G is a stream cipher which uses a 128-bit Key and IV. It provides the basis for the UEA2 confidentiaility and UIA2 integrity algorithms introduced in 3GPP Release 7 to provide data security for signalling and user data within the UMTS standard. Subsequently, in 3GPP Release 8, the 128-EEA1 confidentiality and 128-EIA1 integrity algorithms (which are identical to UEA2 and UIA2 respectively) were introduced for use within the LTE standard.
Helion provide SNOW3G IP cores which are available in versions for use in Altera and Xilinx FPGA. In common with all Helion IP cores they have been designed with each technology firmly in mind to yield the most efficient results.
- Implements SNOW3G stream cipher algorithm to 3GPP TS 35.216
- Supports UEA2 confidentiality algorithm to 3GPP TS 35.215
- Optional wrapper available to perform UIA2 integrity algorithm to 3GPP TS 35.215
- Capable of data throughputs in excess of 9 Gbps in StratixIII/IV
- Ideal for use in Altera FPGA based UMTS and LTE applications
- Simple external interface
- Highly optimised for use in Altera FPGA technology