The AMBA AXI interface is targeted at high-performance, high-frequency system designs and includes a number of features that make it suitable for a high-speed submicron interconnect. The AXI protocol is burst-based. Every transaction has address and control information on the channel that describes the nature of the data to be transferred. The data is transferred between master and slave using a write data channel to the slave or a read data channel to the master.
- Completely Configurable registers and memories
- Configurable bus/address width
- Module has Asynchronous/Synchronous resets.
- Questa VIP verified
- Generated automatically
- An AMBA AXI interface can be generated using available configuration tools. Designers can use IDesignSpec which helps the designers to write executable specification and generate the outputs. IDesignSpec captures simple as well as complex registers, signals, interrupts, sequences and other artifacts that constitute the hardware/software interface. It can then generate not only ARM based bus peripherals for buses like AXI, AHB, APB etc., but also the C/C++ API for firmware and software development teams. The RTL code generated peripherals can be in SytemVerilog, Verilog or VHDL. In addition, code for verification is created using UVM using simulation and formal methodologies. IDesignSpec also imports other forms of executable specification such as SystemRDL, IP-XACT, CSV, RALF and any XML as often design teams prefer a non-Windows or non-GUI approach. Such automation leads to reduced cost owing to the reduced time and improved quality of code. Since an important aspect of the development, namely, the hardware/software interface is now handled by this tool, engineers are free to focus on the “real” system development, resulting in lower number of resources required.
- Verified & Synthesizable Verilog/VHDL Source Code with SV UVM Test bench
- Formal Assertions for protocol verification
- Detailed Documentation – (AXI peripheral Documentation)
- Configurable register IP generator – using IDesignSpec
- Technical support
- DV services (at additional cost)
- ARM based SoC designs , SW/HW interface design & Integration