The logiSTEP is a stepper motor controller IP from Xylon IP library logicBRICKS. It enables a simultaneous control of 1 to 16 two-phase stepper motors and supports different control methods: full-step, half-step and microstepping. Supported motor types are MMT and Switec. The logiSTEP is being primarily designed for the Xilinx FPGA devices and the automotive market. A typical example of the logiSTEP application is an automotive instrument custer. Hardware implemented acceleration/deceleration/smoothing algorithms, embedded into the logiSTEP, enable precise and smooth motors control. The logiSTEP is, like the other IP cores from the Xylon logicBRICKS IP library, fully embedded into Xilinx Platform Studio (XPS) and the EDK integrated software solution.
- Drives up to 16 stepper motors
- Supports MMT and Switec stepper motors
- Built-in Acceleration/Deceleration/Smoothing control
- An optional outputs serializer for a low pin count
- Supports Zero Position Detection
- Supports Return To Zero with Xylon add-ons
- Programmable internal RAM tables for 8 different motor characteristics
- Very simple user interface
- Register interface compatible with the CoreConnectTM OPB and PLB
- Fully embedded in Xilinx® XPS and the EDK
- Provides an easy integration into Xilinx implementation tools. IP parametrization provided through the GUI interface. A single IP instance can control up to 16 stepper motors.