Comcores Radio Over Ethernet Structure Aware Mapper/Demapper IP core is a silicon agnostic implementation of the structure aware mapping method described in the IEEE 1914.3 standard. The IP-core takes multiple streams of CPRI data and map these into one or several 10G/25G Ethernet data streams and vice versa. The IP-core does as well allow for local injection and retraction of Ethernet traffic.
The IP-core allows easy configuration for various synchronization methods and works with CPRI in both slave and master mode.
The IP-core has been tested successfully in HW and at system level and enables a fast track solution for getting started with this new standard.
- Delivering Performance
- Complies with IEEE 1914.3 standard
- Supports multiple streams of CPRI and Ethernet
- Complies with CPRI 7.0 standard
- Configurable for many operating modes
- Easy to use
- HW demonstration setup available
- Interfacing to all CPRI variants
- Silicon Agnostic
- Designed in VHDL-93 and targeting any RTL implementation like ASICs, ASSPs and FPGAs.
- The IP core comes with a solid documentation thatn among othersn includes Product Brief and User Manual. The core will by default come in an encrypted format. Source code option is available.
- Radio designs
- Enables Ethernet as a connectivity option for Radio's
- Used with designs where customer has own proprietary CPRI
- Baseband designs
- Enables Ethernet as a fronthaul option
- Easy integration with legacy CPRI
- Fast track testing RoE implmentations
- Many test options available in core
Block Diagram of the Structure Aware Mapper/de-mapper IP Core