The DT8051 is an area optimized, tiny soft core of a single-chip 8-bit embedded microcontroller, based on the World's fastest and most popular DP8051 core, available since over 8 years. The DT8051 soft core is 100% binary-compatible with the industry standard 8051 8-bit microcontroller. It has a very low gate count architecture, giving 6 650 ASIC gates for the complete system, including DoCD on-chip debugger. Dhrystone 2.1 benchmark program runs exactly 8.1 times faster, than the original 80C51 at the same frequency. The same C compiler was used for benchmarking of the core vs 80C51, with the same settings. The DT8051 includes a 2-wire DoCD on-chip debugger (TTAGTM), up to eight external interrupt sources, an advanced Power Management Unit, Timers 0&1, I/O bit addressable Ports, full duplex UART and interface for external SFR. The DT8051 Core has a built-in support for the 2-wire TTAGTM interface - DCD Hardware Debug System, called DoCD . This version of the debugger is dedicated for applications, where a number of external pins is limited.
The DT8051 is delivered with fully automated testbench and complete set of tests, allowing easy package validation at each stage of SoC design flow.
Each of DCD's 8051 Cores has a built-in support for the DCD Hardware Debug System, called DoCD . It is a real-time hardware debugger, which provides debugging capability of a whole System on Chip (SoC).
Unlike other on-chip debuggers, the DoCD provides non-intrusive debugging of running application. It can halt, run, step into or skip an instruction, set breakpoints, watchpoints, read/write any contents of microcontroller, including all registers, internal and external program memories and all SFRs, including user defined peripherals.
- software 100% compatible with the 8051 industry standard
- Very low gate count, area optimized architecture - 6 650 ASIC gates for complete system, including the DoCD on-chip debugger
- 8.1 times faster, than a standard 80C51 at the same frequency
- 7.63 VAX MIPS at 100 MHz
- Up to 256 bytes of internal (on-chip) Data Memory
- Up to 64 kB of internal (on-chip) or external (off-chip) Program Memory
- Up to 64 kB of external (off-chip) Data Memory
- De-multiplexed Address/Data bus to allow easy memory connection
- Interface for additional Special Function Registers
- Fully synthesizable
- Static synchronous design
- Positive edge clocking and no internal tri-states
- Scan test ready