The IGARFCT01A is a 40MHz high frequency stability resistance to frequency converter (RFC) without external component. It is designed to provide a stable and accurate reference clock for the core digital circuitries. The operating principle of RFC is based on a RC oscillation network.
The IP incorporates 6bit trimming bits for tuning the output frequency to 40MHz with +/-3% accuracy. The output frequency can be select to 20MHz, 40MHz, 60MHz and 80MHz depend on a frequency select pin. An enable mode is available to enable/disable the function of the RFC circuit. A standby mode is also provided to reduce start up time and consume a little power.
- TSMC 28nm HPM 0.9V/1.8V CMOS process
- Metal Scheme: 4X
- 0.9V supply operation
- Programmable output frequency: 20MHz/40MHz/60MHz/80MHz
- 6bit frequency calibration with 3% frequency accuracy
- No external component required
- Low power consumption in normal mode (300uA)
- Ultra-low power consumption in standby mode (3uA)
- Duty cycle 50% with +/-5%
- Active/standby/power down mode
- Operation temperature range: -40oC~125oC
- IP size: 0.0225mm2