Arasan's Universal Flash Storage 3.0 (UFS 3.0) is a simple but high performance, serial interface primarily used in mobile systems, between host processing and nonvolatile eXecute-In-Place (XIP) or mass storage memory devices.
Mobile phones, UMPC, DSC, PMP are some of the typical applications for UFS Host Controller IP. Majority of these applications require mass storage and bootable storage memory with an option for an external card.
The IP incorporates the latest UFS Host Controller Interface (HCI) version 3.0. Arasan’s MIPI M-PHY® HS-G4 IP is available in GDSII format for a variety of process technologies and MIPI UniProSM version 1.8 link layer with support for multi-lane operation and the optional Unified Memory Architecture (UMA) implementation.
- UFS 3.0 Host and Device configurations available
- Complete UFS 3.0 hardware implementation
- Interop-proven UniPro 1.8 link layer
- MIPI M-PHY 4.0 Interface
- High speed mode Gear 1, Gear 2 , Gear 3 and Gear 4.
- Supports 2 lanes for 23.3 Gbps max bandwidth
- Task management operations
- Supports multiple partitions (LUNs) (to dummy memory) with partition management
- Definable write-protect group size
- Boot mode operation
- Device enumeration and discovery
- Background operations
- Secure Erase and Trim operations enhance security
- Supports Write-protect options
- Seamless integration from PHY to Software
- Assured compliance across all components
- Single point of support
- Easiest acquisition process (one licensing source)
- Lowest overall cost including cost of integration
- Lowest risk for fast time to market
- Synthesizable RMM compliant Verilog RTL code.
- Easy-to-use comprehensive OVM/UVM based randomized test environment (Ref. Sec 8, UFS VIP).
- Synthesis scripts
- Technical documents
- User guide
Block Diagram of the UFS 3.0 Host Controller compatible with M-PHY 4.0 and UniPro 1.8