The chip is intended for use in passive UHF transponder applications. IC derives its operating power from an RF electromagnetic field generated by a reader, which is received and rectified by the chip. The chip sends the answer back to the reader using a backscatter modulation technique. Chip can be connected to external dipole-like antenna. NT1025D supports all EPC C1G2 mandatory command as well as optional Access command and custom ClearKey, WriteKey and Authenticate commands.
NT1025D has a 480-bit EEPROM organized in 4 banks: 128-bit EPC, 32-bit TID, 64-bit RESERVED and 256-bit hidden bank for secret key storing.
Short-time memory block provides 4-bit storage for inventoried flags with persistence values according to EPC C1G2 standard.
NT1025D provides an authentication procedure based on the GOST 28147-89 cryptographic algorithm. The procedure represents a verification of a tag’s secret key. The secret key cannot be read out directly even in test mode; it can be verified only using the authentication procedure. No key information is sent over air during authentication procedure. Authentication procedure execution takes about 20 ms. Commands used for secret key management and authentication are Custom commands compliant to EPC Class 1 Gen 2.
IC is designed on SMIC EEPROM CMOS 180 nm technology.
- SMIC EEPROM CMOS 180 nm
- Operating temperature range -40…+65 °C
- Passive operation – no battery needed
- Operating frequency 860 - 960 MHz
- EPC Class 1 Generation 2 compliant
- 224 bit memory organized in 3 banks: EPC, TID and RESERVED
- Hidden 256 bit bank for secret key storing
- Secret-key authentication using GOST 28147-89 crypto algorithm
- Support of ClearKey, WriteKey and Authenticate custom commands for secret key management and authentication procedure
- Two pads with combined on-wafer testing and RF operation functionality
- Small area (0.242 mm2)
- Layout View (GDSII)
- Evaluation kit based on packaged IC
- Characterization Report
- Behavioral Model
- SPICE netlist (.cdl)
- Integration Support
- Protection of goods against counterfeiting
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Airline baggage handling
- Mail and parcel delivery
- Automobile billing systems
- Asset tagging