Based on its long standing expertise in ultra low power processors for the Swiss watch industry, CSEM now offers three architectures in its icyflex family of ultra low-power processors:
icyflex2 for control type applications with power consumptions as low as 6 uW/MHz
icyflex1 for a mix of control and DSP-type applications
icyflex4 for a scalable architecture capable of some control and massive parallelism for DSP-type applications
- Customizable architectures:
- All 3 processors are available as VHDL soft blocks with multiple parameters (bus widths, stack size, optional blocks) so you only integrate the part of the processor you use.
- Configurable architectures:
- The processors can be configured at run time to add new addressing modes and new instructions to reduce the number of cycles for individual algorithms.
- High parallelism:
- The processors feature powerful datapaths (up to 36 MAC) and high bandwidth to registers and memory for maximum throughput per instruction, or clock cycle.
- Software development kit (SDK):
- World-class GNU tool suite (compiler, assembler, debugger, cycle accurate instruction set simulator, ...) with plugin for the Eclipse IDE.
- Hardware development kit (HDK):
- Plug-and-play motherboard for development on System-on-Chip (SoC) and on FPGA to reduce time to market.
- The processors are designed for testability and support On-Chip-Debug through a JTAG interface. Silicon proven.
- High performance processors with best in class energy efficiency
- World-class environment for software development (GNU & Eclipse)