The Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter is an innovative, flexible implementa-tion of an Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (UART) device. The Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter, which uses the RS-232 serial protocol, provides the interface between a microprocessor and a serial port or between the system and a standard serial port. The core contains a highly accurate programmable baud rate generator, serial receiver and transmitter communications channels, and interrupt control signals.
- Configurable transfer rate: 1200bps - 115.2kbps with accuracy better than 0.15% from 8Mhz clock!
- Data format: 7, 8 bits
- Parity enable, odd/even, parity error detection
- Stopbit: 1 or 2 bits
- Format check, glitch rejection
- 3 point input sampling
- Parallel interface with event control
- Customizable data format and protocols for non standard applications
- The iniUART core may be used as a data link layer
- with parallel interfaces and event communication.
- Application-specific blocks (e.g., interrupt controller, special interfaces, status reporting circuits) can then be built around the iniUART and will not affect the main functionality.
- Structured, synchronous VHDL Design
- VHDL or Verilog RTL Source Code
- Functional Testbench
- Synthesys Script
- Data Sheet
- User Guide
- Hotline Support by means of phone, fax and e-mail
Block Diagram of the Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter IP Core