ChannelCore Flex (CCF) redefines the limits of channeliser technology. It outperforms existing digital down-converter (DDC) ASICs and FPGA cores and can be fully tailored to the needs of an individual application. CCF is unique in supporting thousands of channels, each with independent bandwidth and spacing controls that can be changed even during operation. Thanks to advanced algorithms and highly optimised implementation, this combination of flexibility and performance is achieved with extremely efficient use of FPGA resources. CCF - the universal channeliser solution.
- Support for several thousand independently defined channels.
- Individual control over each channel’s gain, centre frequency, bandwidth, sample rate and response function.
- Channel parameters that can be specified to an accuracy of better than 0.06 Hz.
- Dynamic reprogramming of channels without disturbing the operation of other channels.
- High aggregate sample rates of desired channels compared to rival channelisers.
- Support for a range of input formats and sample rates.
- Typical complex input sample rates of 500 MS/s in mid-range FPGAs, with rates over 1 GS/s for certain channel plans in high-end devices.
- Eight 64-tap low-pass (shaping) filters with more or longer filters available on request.
- Control of individual channel gain over a dynamic range of 90 dB in 1dB steps.
- Global frequency offsets that can be independently applied to the inputs.
- ChannelCore Flex is the only independently available DDC that offers:
- Thousands of channels of any bandwidth.
- Dynamic independent control of the gain, centre frequency, bandwidth, sample rate and filter response of each channel.
- Over 80 dB spurious free dynamic range.
- ChannelCore Flex provides unparalleled flexibility, making it well-suited to a whole range of applications, including:
- Software-defined/cognitive radio
- Electronic warfare
- Broad-spectrum surveillance
- Communications profiling
- Providing a direct feed to a multi-channel satellite demodulator
- Instrumentation and measurement
- Scientific applications.
Block Diagram of the Universal Channeliser IP Core