Our universal QAM/PSK modulator core is aimed at broadband point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications and supports QAM orders from 2 (BPSK) to 256.
It is compatible with the IEEE 802.16.x wireless MAN-SC and 802.15.3 wireless PAN Standards, and provides a comprehensive range of synthesis options to allow optimal trade-off between gate-count and feature set.
Integrates with Commsonics QAM Demodulator(CMS0006), Reed-Solomon(CMS0013) and Viterbi(CMS0002) cores to form a complete broadband Modem.
- Continuous or burst-mode operation.
- Symbol mapping for QAM orders from 2 (BPSK) to 256 (256-QAM) including support for cross, circular (MPSK) and offset (staggered) QAM (e.g. OQPSK).
- Arbitrary symbol rate at up to one half of the master clock frequency.
- Register programmable or symbol-by-symbol selection of mapping scheme to support variable-rate and adaptive physical-layer protocols.
- Complex or real intermediate frequency (IF) output from DC up to half the master clock frequency.
- DAC aperture correction and output DC offset adjustment.
- Fixed or register programmable channel filter coefficients.
- Comprehensive range of synthesis options to allow optimal trade-off between gate-count and feature set.
- Compatible with the IEEE 802.16.x wireless MAN-SC and 802.15.3 wireless PAN Standards.