The USB 2.0 Controller provides a high and full speed USB function interface to an embedded system.
The USB 2.0 Controller implements a full USB 2.0 interface at a rate of 480Mbits/s and 12Mbits/s. Separate interrupts for each endpoint and reset simplifies software implementation. The endpoints have a capacity of up to 64 Bytes in bulk mode ensuring an optimum transfer rate.
- Automatic handling and generation of ACK/NAK packets.
- Capable of waking up the system from sleep mode.
- Supend/Resume protocol fully handled providing transparent protocol compliant power saving.
- USB Test Mode fully implemented.
- Flexible, dynamic, memory configuration ensure optimal memory usage by multiple endpoints. Shared memory and DMA reduces CPU overhead to a minimum.
- Standard ASP Bus enabling easy system integration.
- Provide a fast, standard, widely available interface to your embedded system.
- Easy to integrate.
- Full DMA means low software overhead. High data speeds (480 Mbits) ensure even large quantities of configuration data can be quickly downloaded.
- Verilog RTL
- Example drivers
- Full documentation
- Connected devices
- Home automation
Block Diagram of the USB 2.0 Serial Interface Engine with UTMI