Synopsys provides designers with silicon-proven, configurable DesignWare® USB 3.1 Type-C Controllers that are compliant with the USB-Implementers Forum (USB-IF) USB 3.1 specification and support Type-C connectivity. The DesignWare USB 3.1 controllers provide the lowest possible gate count, efficient power management optimized with dual power rails and PIPE and UTMI/UTMI+ interfaces for PHYs. This comprehensive solution also includes support for Dual Role Device (DRD), xHCI Host, Device, and Hub Controllers and SuperSpeed InterChip (SSIC), High Speed InterChip (HSIC), and OTG2/OTG3 features. Together, these elements accelerate development of advanced chip designs delivering video, data and power over a single USB Type-C connector.
DesignWare USB 3.1 Type-C Controller IP offers the flexibility required for high-volume, fast turnaround consumer applications. Configuration options maximize SoC design performance and minimize CPU interrupts, while flexible parameters enable easy integration into low- and high-latency systems.
DesignWare USB Controller IP has shipped in over one billion units for leading electronics companies worldwide. Using DesignWare USB IP significantly reduces development time and engineering risk, bringing USB-based SoCs to market faster.
DesignWare USB IP is the most certified IP solution in the industry. With over 3,000 design wins, Synopsys' complete USB IP solution--consisting of controllers, PHYs, verification IP, drivers, and IP prototypes--enables designers to lower integration risk and speed time-to-market.
- Lowest risk: Based on proven USB 3.0 controller shipped in 100s of millions of units
- Lowest power: Extend battery life in mobile devices (USB power saving modes, Uniform Power Format, hibernation option with dual power rails)
- Configurable data buffering options to optimize performance vs area
- Supports all USB speed modes
- Host, Device, and Dual Role Device controllers meet the needs for all markets