USB 4.0 controller core is a highly flexible and configurable design targeted for Device, Host and Hub implementations in desktop, mobile, networking and telecom applications. The controller architecture is carefully tailored to optimise link utilization, latency, reliability, power consumption and silicon footprint.
- Includes USB 3.2 Peripheral Controller.
- Optional support USB Enhanced USB Hub.
- Includes USB3 UP Adaptor.
- Optional support for PCIe Up Adaptor
- Includes DROM as part of its registers. Optional interface to an external DROM.
- Supports USB4 Gen 2x2 (20 Gbps) and USB4 Gen 3x2 (40 Gbps) Links.
- Optional support for thunderbolt Gen 2 (10.3125 Gbps) & Gen 3 (20.625 Gbps) rates.
- Optional bypass mode to support native USB v3.2
- Support for Alt Mode and Billboard class via USB2 controller.
- USB v4 Phy Interface : 40 / 80 bit PIPE 5.1 SERDES I/F
Block Diagram of the USB 4.0 Device Controller IP IP Core