The AL-C100-WDE is the first WiGig/Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11ad WDE Codec designed to implement the Wireless Display Extension Protocol Adaptation Layer (WDE PAL) of the WiGig-(IEEE 802.11 ad) standard.
The AL-C100-WDE is one of the most advanced hardware Intellectual Property solution developed by Allegro DVT. It allows removing all cables and offers high quality/low latency over-the-air transmission of audio/video signals.
It is used to build both WDE TX and WDE RX devices and can be configured for use either as a WDE Source (“TX” or “encoder”) or as a WDE Sink (“RX” or “decoder”). It easily interfaces with a DisplayPort or HDMI sink device and a WiGig MAC TX interface when configured in TX mode, and with a WiGig MAC RX interface and a DisplayPort/HDMI source device when configured in RX mode.
In TX configuration, it performs video H.264 encoding, HDCP encryption (content protection), audio/video data encapsulation, and outputs WDE packets to the TX WiGig MAC.
In RX configuration, it performs audio/video WDE packet parsing, HDCP decryption, video H.264 decoding, audio/video synchronization, and outputs audio/video content to the DP/HDMI source device.
- Supported standards
- WiGig/Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11ad WDE PAL specification
- Advanced features:
- HDCP encryption/decryption
- A/V synchronization
- Supported tools for Encoding/Decoding :
- H.264 CAVLC 4:4:4 Intra profile & High 4:4:4 Predictive profile (with WDE constraints)
- YCbCr 4:2:0, 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Intra4x4, Intra8x8 and Intra16x16 prediction modes
- 4x4 and 8x8 Transform
- Flat and default scaling list
- CAVLC, Lossless and PCM coding modes
- Raw data bypass
- Compressed output bit rate up to >1Gbps
- Ultra low glass-to-glass latency
- VBR rate control
- Error resilience
- Supports Error resilience and Error concealment of missing or erroneous packets
- AMBA APB interface for CPU programming
- AMBA AXI interface for the external memory
- High-performance High-quality H.264 video encoding and decoding,
- Ultra-low latency, in compliance with the WDE specification,
- HDCP 2.x encryption and decryption (for content protection),
- Audio/video data packetization and parsing,
- Low power consumption
- Fast and easy SoC integration
- Specification, validation and delivery documents
- Bit accurate executable software reference model
- C control software source code
- VHDL source code
- Verification/Integration test suite
Block Diagram of the WiGig/Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11ad WDE Codec