The DMA Back-End Driver is specifically designed to be used with the Northwest Logic DMA Back-End Core. It supports all DMA modes supported by the DMA Back-End Core including Packet/Block and Addressed/Non-Addressed transfers. Together the driver and core provide a complete, pre-packaged, flexible DMA system.
The DMA Back-End Driver includes support for:
• Device registers and memory reads and writes
• DMA read and write transfers
• Low-level performance statistics
• PnP and Power Management events (Windows)
• Legacy, MSI, MSI-X interrupts
The DMA Back-End Driver creates and manages descriptor chains in system memory. The DMA Back-End Core then fetches and executes these descriptor chains . This approach enables the descriptor chain size to be maximized while minimizing the need for large descriptor memories in the DMA Back- End Core.
Windows and Linux versions of the DMA Back-End Driver are available. These drivers have been designed for maximum API compatibility to simplify application porting between Windows and Linux.
The DMA Back-End Driver is also provided with a very useful Command Line Interface (CLI) test application. This application can be used to write and read large amounts of data, collect performance data, etc.
- Works with Northwest Logic DMA Back- End Core to provide highperformance, scatter-gather DMA operation
- Fully supports overlapped DMA operation
- Windows and Linux versions have a common API
- Supports Packet/Block and Addressed/ Non-addressed transfers
- Supports 32 and 64 bit system addressing
- Supports legacy, MSI, MSI-X interrupts
- Performs parameter checking
- Can be quickly customized to create an application-specific driver
- Includes Command Line Interface (CLI) test application
- Delivered as Source code
- Customization and Integration services are available
- Driver Source Code (C)
- Developer’s Guide
- Expert Technical Support & Maintenance Updates