The DMA Driver is specifically designed to be used with the DMA Core. It supports all DMA modes supported by the DMA Core. Together the driver and core provide a complete, pre-packaged, flexible DMA system.
The DMA Driver includes support for:
• Device registers and memory reads and writes
• DMA read and write transfers
• Low-level performance statistics
• PnP and Power Management events (Windows)
• Legacy, MSI, MSI-X interrupts
The DMA Driver creates and manages descriptor chains in system memory. The DMA Core then fetches and executes these descriptor chains. This approach enables the descriptor chain size to be maximized while minimizing the need for large descriptor memories in the Expresso DMA Core.
Windows and Linux versions of the DMA Driver are available. These drivers have been designed for maximum API compatibility to simplify application porting between Windows and Linux.
The DMA Driver is also provided with a very useful command-line demonstration application. This application can be used to write and read large amounts of data, collect performance data, etc.
- Works with Northwest Logic Expresso DMA Core to provide high-performance, scatter-gather DMA operation
- Fully supports overlapped DMA operation
- Supports up to 1024 channels
- Windows and Linux versions have a common API
- Supports Addressed transfers
- Supports 32 and 64 bit system addressing
- Supports legacy, MSI, MSI-X and local AXI interrupts
- Performs parameter checking
- Can be quickly customized to create an application-specific driver
- Includes command-line demonstration application
- Delivered as Source code
- Customization and Integration services are available
- Driver Source Code (C)
- Developer’s Guide
- Expert Technical Support & Maintenance Updates