HCL has developed the Device controller for wireless USB which converts the wired USB2.0 device packets to wireless packets based on WUSB specification Rev1.0 thereby maintaining the backward compatibility .It also supports the standard MAC-PHY interface .
Its basic functional block includes - protocol adaptation layer, AES 128-CCM encryption and decryption logic and supports the distributed reservation protocol mentioned by the WUSB standards.
HCLT WUSB Device Controller has been built on the Wired USB 2.0 protocol, so it can work seamlessly with Device Controllers designed for USB 2.0.
It supports an AMBA Interface on the device Controller side which is used for configuration of registers and for converting AMBA packets into USB 2.0 protocol. The Device Controller supports standard UWB PHY Interface on the PHY end.
- Supports WUSB specification Rev1.0, ECMA-368, ECMA-369, USB Specification Revision 2.0 and MBOA PHY interface.
- Supports Control, Burst, Bulk and Isochronous transfers.
- Wireless USB Device controller is backward compatible to USB 2.0.
- Wireless USB Device controller supports all WiMedia data rates: 53.3, 80, 106.7, 160, 180, 400, and 480 Mbps
- MAC-PHY interface compliant to WiMedia MAC-PHY Interface based on ECMA 369 standard
- Wireless USB Device controller converts USB2.0 data packets to wireless packets with appropriate MAC headers. MMC generation also being done to send or receive data in allocated time slots only.
- Wireless USB Device controller appends & checks FCS sequence and performs security checks based on AES -CCM Encryption/Decryption algorithms.
- Wireless USB Device controller does MIC Generation and check.
- Wireless USB Device controller supports distributed Reservation Protocol (DRP).
- Wireless USB Device controller supports WiMedia packet processing including error checking.
- Wireless USB Device controller supports 4 way authentication process and Generates device Notifications.
- AHB Interface
- Supports all types of IN and OUT transactions.
- Supports 32-bit data transfer.
- Run-time configurable timing parameters and memory settings
- Automatic generation of initialization and refresh sequences
- MPI Interface
- Supports MPI Interface for data transfer from MAC to UWB PHY.
- Does all kind of configuration sequence and memory transactions for UWB PHY.
- On Chip Solution
- WUSB Device controller is compliant to AMBA AHB, thus making it easier to prototype on AMBA based systems and SoC based applications
- Standard MPI Interface is supported
- Wireless USB Device controller MAC interface supports standard MPI Interface, which is fully compliant to UWB PHY Interface.
- Security Handling
- Wireless USB Device supports AES-CCM algorithm for security purpose.
- Verilog RTL/Synchronous Design
- Test Plan, Test Bench ,Test Cases & Test Results
- Architecture Doc & LLD of Individual Blocks
- ISE Synthesis Scripts