No charge paramaterizable core which utilizes the serial I/O transceivers available in the Kintex® UltraScale™, Virtex® UltraScale, Virtex-7, Kintex-7, Artix®-7, Zynq®-7000, Virtex-6, Virtex-5, Virtex-4 FX, Virtex-II Pro and Spartan®-6 to support the XAUI function.
The Xilinx 10 Gigabit Attachment Unit Interface (XAUI) LogiCORE™ IP provides a 4-lane high speed serial interface, providing up to 10 Gigabits per second (Gbps) total throughput. Operating at an internal clock speed of 156.25 MHz, the core includes the XGMII Extender Sublayers (DTE and PHY XGXS), and the 10GBASE-X sublayer, as described in clauses 47 and 48 of IEEE 802.3-2012. In addition, the core supports an optional serial MDIO management interface for accessing the IEEE 802.3-2012 clause 45 management registers. The MDIO interface may be omitted to save logic, in which case a simplified management interface is provided via bit vectors.
- 8B10B encode/decode with error detection
- Comma detection
- RX elastic buffer/channel bonding
- A state-of-the-art PMA (SERDES)
- Idle generation on transmit
- Synchronization state machine on each receive lane
- Deskew state machine on receive (Channel Bonding)
- Full set of management registers (per IEEE 802.3ae specifications)