The XPS Central DMA Controller provides simple Direct Memory Access (DMA) services to peripherals and memory devices on the PLB. The controller transfers a programmable quantity of data from a source address to a destination address without processor intervention.
- Connects as a 32-bit master/slave on PLB V4.6 buses of 32, 64 or 128 bits
- Provides a single physical channel of Direct Memory Access between a source address and a destination address
- Provides programmable registers for source address, destination address and transfer length
- Supports different clock domains for Master and Slave interfaces
- Supports setting up of source and destination addresses as incrementing or fixed (keyhole)
- Supports PLB burst transfers