This IP is a fully integrated system-on-chip radio transceiver targeting Smart Grid applications. The performance is tailored for extremely low power operation to be used in sensor monitoring networks and remote control for wireless networks. Transmitter output power ranges from -8 to +15 dBm, while receiver sensitivity is -110 dBm at 25kbps data rate.
Additional peripherals such as ADC, SPI, I2C, UART, I2S and timers are all included on the same chip, resulting in a compact system solution.This is ideal for portable applications in frequency ranges 863-928 MHz , in particular those needing long battery life and/or signal processing, such as AMR, WSN and medical.
- Ultra-low power 863-928 MHz transceiver
- Low voltage operation from 3.6 V down to 1.0V
- Minimum current standby mode with RTC based on 32 kHz crystal oscillator: 1 µA at 37?°C
- Low continuous Rx current: 3.5 mA (1 V)
- Flexible modulation: FSK, OOK, 2-FSK, 4-FSK, QPSK
- 6/32-bit DSP/CPU, 120 µA/MHz, dual MAC
- Samples and evaluation kits
- Packaging options: bare die or QFN
- Derivatives of the icycom platform are configurable to customer‑specific requirements
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
- Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN)
- Medical and Body Area Networks (BAN)
- Home automation
Block Diagram of the Zigbee 802.15.4 for ultra-low power portable applications