UltraSoC selects MosChip to support its growth in India
Cambridge, UK – August 14, 2018 - UltraSoC today announced that it has appointed MosChip as its technical sales representative in India, as part of a program to support the rapidly developing global market for its embedded analytics technology.
UltraSoC’s modular IP allows chip design teams to embed very powerful monitoring and analytics capabilities inside any system-on-chip (SoC). This benefits not only the SoC’s performance and functions, but also significantly speeds development, systems integration and overall time-to-revenue, reducing the risks involved in producing a chip and ensuring timely market entry. Embedded analytics technology gives invaluable insights into not only the operation of the chip’s hardware, but also the real-world behavior of the software running on the device, and the complete system into which it is embedded. The benefits and applications of UltraSoC’s embedded analytics range from safety and security, to automotive, IoT, communications and at-scale computing.
MosChip is a publicly-listed semiconductor company based in Hyderabad, with 16 years of experience and know-how in semiconductor, systems and IoT engineering, ranging from SoCs and embedded design, to cloud and mobile software development. The company has sector expertise in applications ranging from aerospace and defense, to consumer electronics, automotive, medical, telecommunications and mobile. MosChip has recently acquired two companies, GigaCom (analog and mixed-signal IP) and FirstPass Semiconductors (design and verification services).
UltraSoC recently supported the first RISC-V Workshop in Chennai, which included sessions demonstrating how RISC-V can be a game-changer for India’s semiconductor industry. A clear message from the event was that engineers are likely to initially deploy RISC-V alongside other cores; requiring a strong infrastructure that supports heterogeneous designs. UltraSoC’s technology is not only agnostic to the processor platform, but also supports designs utilizing multiple processor cores from different IP providers. This puts UltraSoC in a strong position to support India’s chip and wider system developers.
“Our agreement with MosChip gives us a strong and experienced partner in India to help us support what we expect to be a rapidly-growing volume of customers in the region,” said Aileen Smith, Chief Strategy Officer at UltraSoC. “At the recent RISC-V event in Chennai, CTO Gadge Panesar and I saw confirmation that things are moving quickly; we are therefore delighted to have MosChip on board with us and look forward to drawing on their expertise and collaborating on projects over the coming years.”
Venkata Sudhakar Simhadri, MosChip CEO, commented: “UltraSoC’s embedded intelligence and analytics technology fits perfectly with the market need in India right now. The MosChip team shares UltraSoC’s appetite and optimism for the potential of RISC-V in opening up a much larger market for home-grown CPUs. We look forward to our partnership, working alongside UltraSoC and facilitating this exciting phase of growth for India.”
UltraSoC’s hardware-embedded benefits are in use by leading names including C-SKY (part of the Alibaba Group), Esperanto, HiSilicon (Huawei), Imagination Technologies, Movidius (now Intel) and PMC-Sierra/Microsemi (now Microchip). UltraSoC’s partners include Andes, ARM, Baysand, Cadence/Tensilica, CEVA, Codasip, Imperas, Lauterbach, MIPS, NetSpeed, Percepio, Roa Logic, SEGGER, SiFive, Syntacore and Teledyne LeCroy.
UltraSoC is a pioneering developer of analytics and monitoring technology at the heart of the systems-on-chip (SoCs) that power today’s electronic products. The company’s embedded analytics technology allows product designers to add advanced cybersecurity, functional safety and performance tuning features; and it helps resolve critical issues such as increasing system complexity and ever-decreasing time-to-market. UltraSoC’s technology is delivered as semiconductor IP and software to customers in the consumer electronics, computing and communications industries.
For more information visit www.ultrasoc.com
Search Silicon IP
UltraSoC Technologies Ltd Hot IP
- Imperas releases new updates, test suites, and functional coverage library to support the rapid growth in RISC-V Verification
- SiFive Expands Presence in India to Keep Up with the Company's Ultra-fast Growth
- Orthogone Technologies joins forces with Desjardins Capital to support its international growth plan
- Weebit undertakes capital raising to support accelerated growth; introduces major Israeli institutional investors onto the register
- Thalia announces new CEO and board structure to support continued growth
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|